*FTC Disclosure - If you make a purchase through a link on this site, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.*
Wrapping of Lingerie - Easy Insider Tips To Get It Right
- Ok, so you’ve just bought your sweetheart the most beautiful
lingerie and you can't wait to give it to them. Did you know the presentation is almost as important as the gift itself?
it’s a beautiful bra and panty set for a special occasion like an
anniversary, a luxurious lace chemise for St Valentines Day, or the
ever popular Christmas nightgown and matching robe for your sweetie,
you can never underestimate the impact of beautifully wrapped
to trade ordinary for amazing? No worries - you're almost there.
From choosing the best wrapping to
adding your own creative twist to beautiful lingerie, we share how to make it a magical
moment your sweetie will brag about for years to come.
Wrapping of Lingerie - What to Avoid
bland and boring wrapping paper technically gets the job done it’s
not remotely fun and definitely fails the yummy test. For starters,
here are the things to avoid:
of lingerie in anything plain or basic like a grocery bag
paper left over from your child’s birthday party
plastic bag that it came in
brown paper lunch bag
tape under any circumstances
- no wrapping
use gift wrap that has been previously used or recycled! It might
seem like a good idea to you at the time, but it isn't - especially when it comes to intimate apparel.
The Wrapping Basics
so far so good - we’ve covered the basics on what to avoid. Now,
on to the fun ways to gussy up a gorgeous gift.
you’re more of a traditionalist when it comes to wrapping or you
simply don’t have a lot of time to spare, tissue paper is a quick
and easy way to make beautiful lingerie look magical.
usually comes in generous and inexpensive pre-packs of virtually
every color and print that you can possibly imagine, so don’t be
shy about using it.
Opt for their favorite color (they'll notice), or a shade that complements the lingerie. Line the box or bag with plenty of paper for a decadent look.
Gifting sleepwear? Here's a great tip. Arrange it in a pretty manner...then fold the excess tissue paper over
it. A gold or silver foil sticker, or a pretty ribbon is
a nice finishing touch and a great way to zhuzh up a classic chemise nightgown.
- Want a glamorous look? Opt for gold, silver, or pearlized tissue,
boxes, bags, and wrapping for a look that says luxurious
- Choose wrapping paper with a feminine theme...a soft pretty floral
gift wrap, or paper in her favorite color is best
- Traditional feminine wrapping
of lingerie colors
include lilac and lavender, pale pink, baby blue, and pale silver
- If your sweetheart loves bold colors (take a peek in her wardrobe for
ideas), then don't be afraid to go bold and choose richer tones like
deep velvet red or yummy royal purple
- Want something special? Consider one of the classics, like two-tone black with white or coffee colored lace long silk nightgowns - a timeless look that never goes out of style
Wrapping of Lingerie 101 - How To Add Something Special
it comes to making a gift truly memorable, the best wrapping of lingerie ideas take a bit of imagination, a dash of ingenuity, and a whole lot of heart.
How? Think outside the box and don't be afraid to add some whimsy to the gift. Draw some inspiration from these creative ideas and make it your own creation:
- Include a matching pair or two of pretty lace panties with a chemise
- Add a romantic
card or their favorite poem
- Slip in a few of their favorite candies or some yummy chocolate truffles
- Include a small stuffed animal or music box with their favorite romantic music
- Add a gift certificate for a day at a luxury spa
La Pièce De Resistance (The Masterpiece)
you really want to kick it up a notch, add a piece of jewelry (every
girl loves a bracelet, pendant or earrings), or her favorite perfume,
bath soap, bubble bath, or body lotion nestled in a beautiful lace bra and panty set.
The Ultimate Romantic Gestures
If you're a diehard romantic who loves extravagant grand gestures and want to impress your sweetheart on this most romantic of days, the sky is the limit. Feel free to make use of these ideas and customize them as your own:
- Add a simple note
inviting your honey on a romantic
getaway to a luxurious B&B that they've always admired
- Include 2 tickets to a
sold out theatrical production - in New York, London, or Toronto. The possibilities
- Place a bottle of champagne and two crystal champagne glasses next to a silk negligee set or a matching lace bra and bikini panty
- Blow your loved one's mind with the ultimate luxury gift add on - two tickets to the south
of France, the beaches of Tahiti, or some other romantic place you've both
been dreaming of
- Tuck the tickets in the box under some beautiful lace lingerie, so
when your sweetie unfolds it the tickets fall out. The
look on their face will be - priceless!