*FTC Disclosure - If you make a purchase through a link on this site, we may receive a small commission on the transaction - at no extra cost to you.*
Lingerie Shopping Tips For Men That Will Surprise You
Lingerie shopping tips for men - It's a moment that every gift giver dreads. Your sweetie opens their gift with excitement, pulls back the issue, and then there it is...the long pause, and the disappointed look followed by the polite, "oh gee honey, you shouldn't have."
We've all been there at one point or another and if this scenario sounds familiar it may be time to ask yourself, do you give last minute Valentine gifts that your honey hates?
If you find yourself answering yes, you've come to the right place. With a few quick and easy tips you can master lingerie shopping and be on your way to glowing reviews from your sweetheart in no time.
Lingerie Shopping Tips For Men - What To Bypass
When shopping for intimate apparel most women tend to choose basic cotton bras, panties, and camisoles over pretty chemises and silk peignoir sets. Once you've decided to get your sweetie something exciting and special for Valentine's Day, there are a few no nos that you'll need to avoid:
- fabrics that are coarse, rough, itchy or cheap
- anything that's too small or skimpy
- tacky, sleazy, or super cheap lingerie
If you're not sure what kind of lingerie your Valentine likes, wait until they're out and take a quick peek through their lingerie drawer and closet.
Note the styles, sizes and colors that she prefers - this will give you some great ideas.
Lingerie Shopping Tips For Men - The 411 on Colors
- White and black
are lingerie classics that look great on everyone
- Red and black are bold colors that amazing on brunettes
- Strong shades like jade or green are excellent choices for redheads
- Shell pink, cream, baby blue, and shimmering silver are exciting on blondes
- Still not sure? Black looks great on everyone and is incredibly sexy!
Lingerie Shopping Tips For Men - Beautiful Lingerie
"What should I get her?" - This is one of the most frequent questions that men ask.
Think about her favorite things that she loves to wear again and again. Which part of her body does she think of as her best asset? What does she love to show off? Here we've listed a few questions (and suggestions) to get you started.
Does she have great legs?
- A short, whispy satin or silk chemise (above the knee) or a babydoll
- A lace teddy or satin camisole and matching bikini panties
Does she have gorgeous cleavage?
- A beautiful strapless bustier in silk and lace
- A demi bra, matching panties and garter belt set
- A sensational satin nightgown with a plunging neckline
Does she have toned arms?
- A pretty lace teddy with spaghetti straps
- A strapless bra or corset
- A silk and lace camisole set with criss cross straps
Soft, lightweight and yummy fabrics like silk, satin, stretch lace, and
organic cotton are all great choices that are luxuriously cozy against
the skin and very popular.
What Is Your Sweetie's Lingerie Personality?
- Feminine - Is she a girly girl like Paris Hilton,
Nicole Kidman, or Cameron Diaz who loves frills, lace, and delicate romantic chemises and long satin
- Glamor - Is she a Sex In The City glamour gal like Sara Jessica Parker, Marilyn Monroe, or Jennifer Lopez who loves to be noticed in dramatic leather lingerie, rhinestone bras, chemises with tie sides, and sexy baby doll lingerie styles?
- Classic Beauty - Is she a classic beauty like Catherine Zeta Jones, Angelina
Jolie, or Scarlett Johansson who favors sophisticated silk lingerie, chemises in stretch lace, satin nightgowns, and cashmere?
- Girl Next Door - Is she the ultimate girl next door like Hayden
Panetierre, Julia Roberts, or Audrey Hepburn who is more comfortable in
crisp cotton sleepwear and romantic intimates with just a hint of lace?