Lingerie Buyers Guide -
The Insider Secrets You Need To Know
FTC Disclosure - If
you make a purchase by clicking a link on this page, we may receive a small
commission. There is no cost to you, and this does not influence our content.
Lingerie Buyers Guide - Whether it's Valentine's Day, a special anniversary, or just because, there has never been a better time to buy beautiful lingerie for your loved one.
From bras and bustiers to camisoles and corsets, with so many exciting styles to choose from it can be hard to navigate the different options and what they mean.
Not to worry - here we've pulled together our very best insider tips to help you look and feel like an intimate apparel expert. To make it easier, the styles are arranged in three categories - Fundamentals, Specialty, and Undies. Without further ado, let's take a closer look.
Lingerie Buyers Guide - The Fundamentals
The Fundamentals - the hard working basics of every woman's lingerie wardrobe - comfortable bras, camis, night gowns, and robes are everyday essentials that women reach for on a daily basis - from going to work and working out, to taking care of the home / family, and shopping till you drop, etc.
These daywear basics are distinguished by the three Cs for a 5 star rating - Casual - no fuss, no muss, Comfortable - feels invisible, and Coverage - everything that should be, is hidden from view.
- Underwire Bra - a
thin wire made of plastic or wire sewn into the bra that sits under the
breasts. Underwire bras offer better support than wireless bras
- T Shirt Bra - Full cup smooth and seamless bras that are designed to wear under t shirts, sweaters and sheer tops
- Sports Bra - sports bras protect the breasts and prevent tissue damage during high impact physical activities
- Bralette - lightweight wirefree bras that offer minimal support. They're usually made of stretch cotton
Choose soft stretchy fabrics in soft cotton and lace with a hint of spandex (for an easier fit), nylon and soft-to-the-touch microfiber.
Womens shapewear and sleep wear are also included in no frill, no
fuss fundamentals. Super soft and cozy fabrics that are comfortable are the key to success with these styles.
The bonus - they can be mixed and matched with intimate apparel basics that your sweetie has in her wardrobe:
- Camisole Tops - easy to wear under shirts, tops, and sleepwear, camis usually have thin shoulder straps and are made of lightweight stretch fabrics like cotton
- Bodyshapers - the modern name for foundation undergarments such as girdles and bodysuits, body shapers are usually smooth and seamless
- Cotton Nightgowns - long or short, this sleepwear essential comes in a variety of popular in colors and prints that change every season
- Sleep Shirts - a relaxed and shorter version of the nightgown, sleepshirts are worn throughout the year and offer a relaxed fit
- Terry Cloth Robes - the best at absorbing water, soft knitwear terry robes are designed for comfort and durability
Luxury Lingerie Favorites
- stunning specialty and luxury lingerie lends a sense of glamor and to
any intimate apparel that you pair it with. Like a one minute miracle
that will knock your socks off, everyday pieces transform into must-have
looks that are simply sensational:
- Silk Chemise - flirty and fabulous, this short sleeveless sleepwear is cut on the "bias" or angle for a beautiful curve hugging look
- Satin Pajamas - also known as "pjs," this well-liked two piece womens sleepwear set consists of a loose fitting long sleeve top and matching trousers
- Cashmere Robes - the ultimate in luxury gifts, a cashmere robe offers an ultra soft lightweight look that is the epitome of high-end warmth
Beautiful Lingerie Favorites
Delicate lace, silk, satin, cashmere and organic fabrics are popular picks that offer a luxurious look and feel.
Lingerie Buyers Guide - Brief Encounters
Undies - from modern classic briefs in sensational stretchy microfiber to the sexiest thong underwear in barely there mesh, it's no wonder that panties are a favorite for virtually every occasion.
Dress them up with a luxurious lace bra, garter belt and sheer stockings for a glamorous night on the town. Or, dress them down with a stylish cotton cami for a chic sleek weekend look. The possibilities are endless:
Beautiful Lingerie > Last Minute Valentine Gifts > Lingerie Buyers Guide
Low Rise Panties - designed to wear under low rise clothing, these hipster panties sit below the natural waist
- Boy Shorts - reminiscent of boys pants, boyshorts are a low rise style and perfect under low slung trousers and jeans
- Thongs - the best panty for eliminating visible panty lines (VPL), thongs are usually high waisted and leave the derriere exposed
- Bikini Panties - as popular as its swimwear cousin, the bikini panty sits below the hips and natural waist and offers moderate coverage
- Briefs - a lingerie buyers guide classic that many women love, these high waist full
coverage panties are also often referred to as granny panties